Thursday, April 23, 2009

Basket Casket/Nameless

Basket Casket

But my life will not all fit into one basket!
Arms and legs and hair
And yes, pieces of my heart will hang out irreverently
Drop all over the place

I cannot hope to be contained.
I simply will not be squeezed in, held down,
Broken in places, just to fit

Nameless

This body quakes, aches
For nameless things
It yearns for what...what are these
Shapeless, perfect, floating
Things

This brain clouds over
Gets thick & heavy on my neck
So full of unusable words
Tiny ideas, tidbits of what...what are these
Things, legion, myriad

This heart thrums, drums out
Of rhythm, making
Illegitimate music, cacophonous melodies
That make my ears vibrate
And turn cold and ache
For so many, too many
Nameless Things.

2 comments:

  1. There are no words to describe your words, for your words make people speechless. <3 you. you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete