Sunday, April 11, 2010

02.24.10/Half

02.24.10

I am thinking about missing Nepal. Sitting in the warm, February sun, enjoying the fact there there IS a warm February sun here. Whiling away an afternoon with window shopping, writing, people-watching, sharing this space with strangers.

I hear a generator. A crow. A woman speaking English-Nepali. A tourist chatting with her friend. Car horns. The pop-fizz of my soda. An airplane. A gust of spring-like wind.

It's raining tree-bits, an evergreen shedding mini pinecones onto my hair. I love the warmth. The green. It reminds me that I'm alive.

Half

Wednesday afternoon
a half week, a half day
a half-written letter to a friend
half a world away.

I am half here, half home
split, divided, bisected
eating orange halves
half-heartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment