Monday, May 18, 2009

Birthday #24 (2008)/Lisa

Birthday #24

Today, I celebrate myself
I find beauty in the swing of my hips
And in the mysteries of my heart
I celebrate the years that have shaped
And reshaped me many times
And I take this day with careful hands
Holding its weight
Learning its textures
Imagining how it will look
Years from now
Imagining how I will celebrate myself
In the years that await me.

Lisa

You spill laughter and it is music
Your feet barely touch the earth
You salvage brokenness

Your beauty doesn't fit into boxes
You redefine, you recreate
You are fluid, uncontainable

You part seas with your eyes
Your colors shake earth
You resonate for miles

I need that.

And so does the rest of
this city, this state
this world that we navigate

Keep on
Earth-shaking
Peace-making
Resonating, recreating

Being.




No comments:

Post a Comment