Sunday, June 7, 2009

11.24.08/11.28.08

11.24.08

I come to these pages reluctantly, for I know that they will reveal me. I write words, but they also write me. They spell me out, in ways that I fail to see myself. Here, I am exposing, searching...and finding much more than I bargain for.

11.28.08

It's true. How can I possibly divorce myself from Their problems? Now I know. Knowing doesn't disappear. Ignoring knowledge doesn't reduce it or trivialize it. Now I don't want to know. It is what I call "safer" not to know. It is what I call "easier". But is it? Is it safer to reduce myself to my small world, my personal problems? Is it easier to constantly avert my eyes from suffering around me? And if so, why should my goal be "safe" & "easy"?

I am here now, knowledge in my hands like a gift I never asked for...or did I?

No comments:

Post a Comment